Wednesday, 12 June 2013

I am starting to get into somewhat of a routine albeit still very tired, fell asleep last night at 7pm and now I'm wide awake and its 4.30 am! Arghh, why can't I just sleep proper hours?!

Learning a bit more about the city now, and starting to find my way around which is surprising as I usually have a very bad sense of direction! Before I arrived I knew that the city would be bigger than Bendigo, but I did underestimate its size. And like many others on this tour I am surprised that the city is not the dirty, grimy, smoking industrialised city of yesteryear but rather a modern city with trendy shops, rejuvenated old warehouses, street art and many modern buildings thrown in the mix. There is an eclectic collection of building styles, from the Victorian Regency style of the Town Hall, the old industrial red brick warehouses, the grandness of the train station, to the very modern university buildings ie the Owen building. Then of course we cannot look past the Student Union building paying homage to the city's steel roots with its pods which I believe are designed to look like music notes (hmmm, I question that!).

I have most enjoyed exploring the outer city areas, the more residential areas and seeing the housing - the streets filled with terrace houses, row upon row of 'semi-detached' - What looks like one house is in fact two. In Australia we wouldn't stand for this as standard housing, certainly not in a regional centre like Bendigo anyway... Whilst we may struggle to get our quarter acre block these days we still all enjoy our space and privacy and 'detached' house. Looking down the sides of the houses here trying to get a peek into their backyards provides me with a glimpse of what little outdoor space they do have - but I guess with the weather here outdoor space is not utilised all year round as it is back home. I'm looking forward to the trip to Chatsworth coming up which will play right into my love of Jane Austen, and my visit to London on the weekend...

- Jess Willman (Bachelor of Arts).

20 comments:

1. Thanks for sharing.I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one.

ucbrowser.vip
    shareit.onl
    mxplayer.pro

ReplyDelete
  2. Someone is sharing about his experience about a study tour. He said that I starting to get into a routine although I was very exhausted and fell asleep last night at 7pm but now I'm awake and its 4.30 am. To get to know more about the city now I started to find my way around which is astonishing as I normally have a very bad sense of direction. Before reaching at the spot I knew that the city would be bigger than Bendigo, but I did underrate its size. And I am surprised that the city is not the dirty, grimy, smoking industrialized city of yesteryear but is a modern city with fashionable shops, revitalized old storerooms, street art and many contemporary buildings. You also need to explore Townsville Property Market.

ReplyDelete
  3. Wake up in the morning is a good habit and thanks fir the article..
    https://www.affiliategoldcoin.com/

ReplyDelete
  4. This Best Software suite Helps us in our Everyday Professional life.
    Download and install :
    mcafee.com/activate

mcafee.com/activate

norton.com/setup

norton.com/setup

ReplyDelete
  5. คาสิโนออนไลน์ที่น่าเชื่อถือและมีความเป็นมืออาชีพที่สุดในตอนนี้
    โปรโมชั่นGclub ของทางทีมงานตอนนี้แจกฟรีโบนัส 50%
    เพียงแค่คุณสมัคร สล็อตออนไลน์ กับทางทีมงานของเราเพียงเท่านั้น
    ร่วมมาเป็นส่วนหนึ่งกับเว็บไซต์คาสิโนออนไลน์ของเราได้เลยค่ะ
    สมัครสล็อตออนไลน์ >>> Goldenslot
    สนใจร่วมสนุกกับ คาสิโนออนไลน์ คลิ๊กได้เลย
    มีทั้งคาสิโนออนไลน์ หวยออนไลน์ ฟุตบอลออนไลน์ สล็อตออนไลน์ และอื่นๆอีกมากมาย

ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting post this is my first time visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion..thanks for the post! maths tricks in hindi !

ReplyDelete