Saturday, 15 June 2013

I have thoroughly enjoyed this first week, even though it was not exactly as I had envisioned.

I feel like the course is a little disjointed, and although that both the lectures and excursions are rather enjoyable, they don’t really relate well to each other. Even though I do find it interesting, I’m a bit disappointed in the lack of material and focus on my own discipline (archaeology).

Our visit to Chatsworth house on Thursday was a wonderful experience that I did thoroughly enjoy. It’s crazy to think that such extravagant houses were built basically to only exploit their wealth. It’s strange to know people still live there permanently when the house and gardens are open to the public. However I suppose they have to pay for the maintenance of the house somehow. I’m kind of curious to know what the wing the occupants live in looks like now, and how different it is to the rest of the house.

I am looking forward to the weekend so much; some time to catch up on some much needed sleep, and do some more exploring around Sheffield!

Just on a side note, I have noticed that they have a lot of pre-packaged food, which I don’t particularly like, I’d rather cook from scratch. A decent amount of their fruit and veggies seem to be packaged also and not particularly fresh, which is becoming rather frustrating.
- Natasha Haysom (Bachelor of Archaeology)

6 comments:

1. Thanks for sharing.I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one.
    akinator.ooo
    xender.vip
    kik.onl

ReplyDelete
  2. There are a lot of interesting scholarship essay examples! check this link to find them!

ReplyDelete
  3. You should know how to write a reflection paper because it would be on exam week! Have a peek here for reminder.

ReplyDelete