Thursday, 13 June 2013

Being here a couple of days now I feel like I’m finally becoming comfortable in my new surroundings. However, it’s still strange, and very different to home, especially the day light hours, which have been putting me off a bit, and not helping my jet lag. After the long flights, followed by the culture shock in Dubai, arriving in Sheffield provided relief from the stress of travelling.

From what I have seen of Sheffield so far, it is not nearly as grey and gloomy as what I had imagined. Newer modern buildings, along with the aid of street art give a certain unexpected vibrancy to the city. I really enjoyed the visit to the Abbeydale Hamlet yesterday, and found it extremely interesting. I’m looking forward to being able to explore the city further over the next week and a half, and heading out to some more places outside of Sheffield.
- Natasha Haysom (Bachelor of Archaeology)

2 comments:

1. Thanks for sharing.I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one.

UC Browser
    SHAREit
    MX Player

ReplyDelete