Wednesday 12 June 2013

Today is the 12th, and it is quite wet! We too have been saturated with a wealth of information over the past few days.
I have now begun to understand the city space and orient myself properly. It is one city with many layers of history. I have seen old and new in artwork, architecture, streetscape, vegetation, and gardens. Despite this variety, a recognition amongst the entire urban space brings the city together around steel.
Some of the buildings of the university are designed to look like Bessemer Converters. There is artwork everywhere made of stainless steel, invented in Sheffield. Hundreds of historical buildings dot the landscape, the landscaping of the train station involves a steel water feature, and museums proudly display the heritage of the steel industry.
The high quality stainless steel cutlery, rail lines, and a variety of objects were so famous from Sheffield that the city itself became a synonym for high-quality steel. Trevor Hogan mentioned his grandparents treating their wedding present, a Sheffield dinner set, as so precious it was barely touched. The emphasis of the steel industry put Sheffield on the map, and then took it off again due to refusal to diversify.

Sheffield understates its heritage buildings immensely. None of the cathedrals or town halls and such are pointed out as places to see - not even the steel-related heritage, save the museum. The industrial area near Kelham is going through similar regeneration to the Melbourne waterfront, due to deindustrialisation of developed countries. But even the new in Sheffield is not celebrated as the Docklands development is in Melbourne. Sheffield seems to be rather blasé about what it means to be a twenty-first century city, and its success in adjusting has been quite understated. Perhaps it is time for Sheffielders to see themselves as innovators - all the facilities are here, including Britain's third largest university, an educated population, and a central location in Britain.

- Terence Bell (Bachelor of Urban, Rural and Environmental Planning)

47 comments:

1. Kronospoker.com merupakan situs penyedia permainan IDN Poker dan Daftar Judi Poker Online Terpercaya, capsa susun online, ceme online, ceme keliling, super10, omaha dan domino QQ terbaik dan terpercaya Indonesia. Kronospoker selalu memberikan pengalaman bermain judi kartu online terbaik kepada seluruh membernya.

Semua permainan yang tersedia dapat anda mainkan hanya dengan menggunakan 1 user ID yang akan anda dapatkan setelah melakukan pendaftaran akun di Kronospoker. Selain menyediakan permainan Online Poker, Kronospoker juga menyediakan game Domino QQ, Capsa Susun terbaik di Indonesia.

Kami telah mendapatkan kepercayaan dan reputasi terbaik dari para member Poker Indonesia, Karena kami memberikan pelayanan kepada semua member yang bermain di situs kami. Serta Berapapun kemenangan yang anda dapatkan akan langsung dibayar oleh Agen Judi Poker Online Terbaik Kronospoker, mau itu jackpot atau bonus lainnya.

ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

ReplyDelete
  4. Its a great pleasure reading your article post.visit: norton setup

ReplyDelete
  5. This is really helpful and informative, as this gave me more insight to create more ideas and solutions for my plan.
    Install mcafee activate to remove virus from your laptop and computer.

ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing nice post with us. Its really great information.
    Know about Office setup.

ReplyDelete

7. Informative post with well-organized content. Thank you for sharing.

geek squad tech support

ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing such a great post. If you want to grow your business, you should use QuickBooks support. It will help you to grow your business.

ReplyDelete
  9. Great job. Windows 7 Professional Product Key is one in all the most widely used editions of windows everywhere in the world.

ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post.
    Windows 10 automatically installs OS updates via Windows Update, so this process is probably going just installing updates within the background. However, if you select to uninstall an update or add or remove an optional Windows feature, the Windows Modules Installer Worker process also will got to do some work.

ReplyDelete

11. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and knowledge on this topic. This is really helpful and informative,
    Quickbooks Enterprise support

ReplyDelete
  12. This blog is truly amazing. Thanks for sharing this great information. Keep sharing.
    Office.com/setup

ReplyDelete

13. This post contains useful info in every aspect.Thank you so much for the step by step practical advice here and in the post
    Top digital marketing company in delhi

ReplyDelete
  14. This post is discussing in an outstanding way. I like your way yo discussed your valid points and facts about this. I really said you share more and more articles. Gmail server Error 007

ReplyDelete
  15. This post is discussing in an outstanding way. I like your way yo discussed your valid points and facts about this. how to get blood out of clothes

ReplyDelete

16. Informative post with well-organized content. Thank you for sharing.
    Facetime vs zoom

ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there, I found your site via Google while looking for a related topic, your web site came up, it looks great. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.Buy Cereal Carts Online

ReplyDelete
  18. دانلود تمام مداحی های حسین سیب سرخی شامل نوحه های جدید و قدیمی حسین سیب سرخی کامل mp3 با کیفیت فوق العاده بالا از رسانه گیتار موزیک.

ReplyDelete
  19. MultiCam 6.7 Enterprise Full Crack: An interesting webcam application that lets you use multiple videos from multiple sources at the same time.manycamenterprise

ReplyDelete
  20. PHPMaker Crack Key Download is a useful automation tool that can quickly generate complete PHP packages from MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and SQLite databases. phpmaker

ReplyDelete
  21. Miroslav Philharmonik 2 Crack Download: Lifting strings, wooden dance instruments, conductive brass, and a full symphony orchestra that beats on your fingers.miroslavphilharmonik2key

ReplyDelete
  22. Four4 Ethereal Techno Crack Download: Surreal rhythms, elaborate basslines, and syncopated sequences make up this fresh, dependable take on techno.four4etherealtechnowav

ReplyDelete
  23. Wondershare UniConverter Free Download Crack is a versatile, built-in media converter. With UniConverter Key, you can download audio and video files from the web, record audio activity simultaneously, convert to other formats, and save and transfer between iOS.wondershare-uniconvertercrakpluskeky

ReplyDelete
  24. Avast Passwords Crack is your administrator plug-in for all of these other consumer internet security products.avastpassword

ReplyDelete
  25. Really effortless and amazing work you did on your blog also I am a new visitor of your site and checked entire information really amazing and keep it up your amazing work dear. checked my blog Adobe Premiere Pro Mac Crack.

ReplyDelete
  26. I am sure this article has touched all the internet people, its really really nice post on building up new webpage. Also, visit my site 카지노사이트

ReplyDelete
  27. Adobe Premiere Pro CrackVideo editing is always a higher cut. That’s why Pro Crack Full Download is the leading video editing software for movies, television, and the web. With creative tools, integration with other Adobe applications and services, and the power of Adobe Sensei, you can create smooth movies and videos in a seamless workflow. Premiere Rush, our new app, is included with your subscription so you can take photos anywhere and start editing on all your devices.

ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful illustrated information. I thank you about that. No doubt it will be very useful for my future projects. Would like to see some other posts on the same subject! Feel free to visit my website;

야설

ReplyDelete
  29. everyone an extremely breathtaking chance to read from this blog. It is always so lovely and jam-packed with a great time. Feel free to visit my website; 국산야동

ReplyDelete
  30. It’s always a pleasure to read your magnificent articles on this site. You are among the top writers of this generation, and there’s nothing you can do that will change my opinion on that. My friends will soon realize how good you are. Feel free to visit my website; 일본야동

ReplyDelete
  31. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article. I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good points. Excellent article! Feel free to visit my website; 일본야동

ReplyDelete
  32. ندرك جيدًا ان نقل العفش يعتبر من أهم الأمور التي يجب التركيز عليها؛ لهذا السبب فإنه يجب أن يتم التأكد من سلامته عند النقل فتقدم لكم شركتنا خدمات نقل العفش باحترافية بدون خدش
    شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
    خدمة التركيب في حالة تركيب الحمامات والمطبخ يحتاج هذا النوع من الأعمال إلى من هو متمرس بها لذلك يمكن طلب هذه الخدمة مقابل مبلغ مالي وتكون الخدمة خدمة منسقة بالكامل من البداية إلى النهاية بحيث يتم تنفيذها وفق أعلى المعايير، كما تتم إزالة جميع مواد التغليف والعبوات وإعادة تدويرها.
    شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
    تمثل المكيفات دور هام في حياتنا في اشهر الصيف
    شركة خبراء الرياض تقدم خدمات تركيب المكيفات بالادوات الخاصة للمكيف مع ارخص الاسعار وعمالة مدربة ومتخصصون في هذا المجال
    شركة تركيب مكيفات بالرياض

ReplyDelete
  33. I often use different services for my learning. I started using hr assignment This service shoved to me by my friend. This is very useful information for me. I am glad to have the opportunity to be a good student.

ReplyDelete
  34. I recently found a premium essays service. I know many writers are ready to write an essay for me on any topic. I am glad to be able to save time and get everything I need.

ReplyDelete
  35. I visit many blogs every day. I like finding interesting articles. Glad to receive new suggestions https://www.berrygoodtuitioncentre.com/profile/bettyjill123/profile.

ReplyDelete
  36. I am very happy to read this one. I hope you will understand this city soon. Thanks for sharing this article. Now it's time to avail FACE CLEANSER for more information.

ReplyDelete
  37. windows 10 activation crack
    Windows 10 Activator is a tool that activates the free versions of a broad range of operating systems. Also, this compelling app launches the activation process

ReplyDelete
  38. dfx audio enhancer pro patch
    The latest version includes a new Explore feature which provides you with quick access to music videos, song lyrics, similar artists, and more. DFX enhances the ...

ReplyDelete
  39. Sheffield is a city in the English county of South Yorkshire. Sheffield is very best city for a higher education. This city is so beautiful. Now its time to avail Kabou taxi cab services in Southfield Mi for more information.

ReplyDelete

40. "Latrobe" could refer to multiple entities, and context is crucial for a precise definition. It might denote Latrobe, a city in Pennsylvania, or refer to places, institutions, or individuals named Latrobe worldwide. Additionally, Latrobe is associated with Benjamin Henry Latrobe, an architect known for his significant contributions to American architecture, including designing the United States Capitol.
    virginia statute of limitations personal injury
    northern virginia personal injury attorney
    abogado de accidentes de semi camiones
    bufete de abogados de accidentes de motocicleta
    truck accidents attorneys

ReplyDelete