Friday, 7 June 2013

Leaving tonight for the Sheffield trip. Whilst I am looking forward to it I am also nervous about being in another county. After doing the readings for the first assignment I am most looking forward to seeing the Park Hill estates during the trip. I plan to focus on the housing types and their effects on lifestyles in Sheffield, so Park Hill will be a major part of that plan. After reading over the schedule for our course I know it’s going to be an exhausting but rewarding trip and there is going to be so much to see and record whilst over there. The lectures listed in the schedule have caught my interest, in particular the ‘Utopias/Dystopias – Housing and Community’ one listed for Wednesday. Nervous about enrolment, I can imagine with the amount of students involved it will take a while and I’m hoping to avoid any confusion. It will be interesting to see how the group work is assigned seeing as how we all come from different majors and different campuses. Being a sociology student it will be interesting to see the differences between disciplines. So far I am expecting Sheffield to be cold but as to the environment itself I think it will involve a lot of steel, seeing as it was their main source of income for so long.
- Nicole Riley (Bachelor of Arts)

No comments:

Post a Comment